We are looking for a seasoned Property Manager to contribute to the overall health and maintenance of our properties. Our portfolio consists of 35 properties throughout the country with a strong presence in anchored based grocery retail shopping centers. Candidates must have prior property management experience and the ability to develop strong best practices and execute in a meaningful way day in and day out.
Responsibilities consist of:
- Prepare accurate, timely, and complete monthly reports including operational summaries, collections and variance reports. Prepare annual budgets, forecasts, and management plans.
- Supervise the planning and implementation of operating and capital expenditures.
- Develop operating and capital budgets, track and explain variances
- Constantly monitor property performance to achieve the highest possible net operating income.
- Bid, Negotiate and contract for vendor services and supervise work as required.
- Develop an effective ongoing tenant relations plan. Maintain regular contact with tenants. Consider all issues and service requests, making sure they are resolved.
- Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement at properties.
- Ability to maintain an on-site presence with frequent tenant, vendor, staff, and owner interaction.
- Perform regular inspections of properties, recommend and direct alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of properties as necessary.
- Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual inspections as required for each property to eliminate future capital expenditures.
- Manage tenant move-ins, move-outs, and all construction-related activities including obtaining assessments to evaluate pre-conditions of each unit.
- Obtain interior selections for new tenant move-ins when necessary.
- Oversee the timely collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all required legal notices.
- Track and proactively lease up all vacancies.
- Review lease abstracts for accuracy.
- Coordinate with the accounting team to ensure accurate and timely property performance reporting.
- Oversee on behalf of the owner, all tenants, and building construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion of all construction work on the property.
- Supervise on-site management employees to ensure optimum performance.
- Interact regularly with clients to ensure that ownership objectives are being met.
- Requires a thorough understanding of commercial real estate, property management operations, leases, and vendor contracts.
- Pride of workmanship, strong attention to detail, and interest in accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Knowledge of finance and budgeting
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and accounting software ( Yardi or MRI preferable)
- Strong organization and communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- 3-5 years of prior property management experience, with a focus on retail centers.
- Ability to build relationships with tenants and third-party vendors.
- Ability to interpret a commercial lease.
- Prior experience working with local zoning and construction departments is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equal experience.
First National Realty Partners is a dynamic private equity firm that is helping reshape the commercial real estate landscape. Every day we bring institutional-quality commercial real estate opportunities to the mass affluent investor while creating value for all stakeholders involved; tenants, investors, employees, and the communities we own in.
Working at First National is unlike anything you’ve experienced before. We’re not your stuffy shirt-and-tie office space. We’re the goal-oriented, get-it-done, work-hard, play-hard type of team that loves to create, explore, challenge the status quo and win.