The position reports directly to the VP of Finance and will be an integral part of the accounting team. Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining a general ledger and performing month-end close procedures. A successful Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports. Duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Analyze revenue and expenses to ensure that they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Cash processing and monthly account reconciliations
- Monitor daily cash balances, update and monitor outstanding checks
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close activities and reconcile the intercompany receivables and payables
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Prepare internal financial statements and supporting schedules according to the monthly close schedule
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Adhoc projects as assigned
- Work with and support the VP of Finance with annual tax returns and quarterly investor distributions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Must have 3 years experience in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookup and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Desire to pursue or progress towards CPA
First National Realty Partners is a dynamic private equity firm that is helping reshape the commercial real estate landscape. Every day we bring institutional-quality commercial real estate opportunities to the mass affluent investor while creating value for all stakeholders involved; tenants, investors, employees, and the communities we own in.
Working at First National is unlike anything you’ve experienced before. We’re not your stuffy shirt-and-tie office space. We’re the goal-oriented, get-it-done, work-hard, play-hard type of team that loves to create, explore, challenge the status quo and win.