Real Estate Asset Manager
If you’re a top-performing Real Estate Asset Manager who’s ready to meet the challenges of a fast-growing private equity firm, then let’s sit down for a confidential conversation.
As Real Estate Asset Manager, you will be responsible for strategically managing a retail real estate portfolio consisting of grocery anchored shopping centers to maximize property performance, asset values and investment returns.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the real estate markets in which portfolio assets are located
- In collaboration with team members, prepare and oversee the execution of the annual business plans for each property including development of leasing objectives, operation and financial budgets, and capital projects
- Actively participate in the leasing process which includes guiding venture partners in strategy and approving all LOI’s, new leases, renewal and redevelopments
- Develop and implement leasing and repositioning strategies, including coordinating annual marketing and advertising/social media plans, and tenant relations and initiatives
- Periodically visit and tour assigned assets, inspect the asset, meet with tenants, public officials, and understand the market and comparable local assets
- Provide material support in the investment process by providing the team with market intelligence in geographic markets where managed assets are located
- Relied upon to master new markets as acquisition targets are identified and by providing market assessments
- Act as the “CEO” of the individual assets by taking ownership of the protection and creation of value
- Accountable for the collection of rents and other amounts due in a timely manner, including engaging legal counsel when needed
- Review and oversee the real estate tax assessment and appeal process for the assets in the portfolio
- Have primary responsibility for monthly and quarterly reporting of asset performance including variance reports
- Perform periodic “Hold/Sell” analysis of each asset in the portfolio
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; proven industry experience will be acceptable in lieu of degree
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience in the retail real estate sector
- Demonstrated deep experience at the asset level including leasing and asset management negotiating skills are valued credentials
- Depth of tenant relationships and insight and knowledge into retailers’ market position, expansion plans, and co-tenancy preferences
- Excellent quantitative verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis, organizational and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Take-ownership mentality, while being a collaborative team player who exhibits creativity, diplomacy and self-confidence
- Proficient in Gmail suite and industry related software programs
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays pursuant with industry demands
- Willingness to travel, approximately 5-10%
Includes both a typical office or home-based office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and occasional local and/or overnight travel, including exposure to heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions. Mode of transportation for travel typically will include automobile and plane.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
A WORD ABOUT FNRP
First National Realty Partners is a dynamic private equity firm that is helping reshape the commercial real estate landscape. We specialize in owning and managing grocery-anchored neighborhood retail shopping centers nationwide. We provide affluent individual investors with institutional-quality commercial real estate investment opportunities while creating value for all stakeholders involved; tenants, investors, employees, and the communities we own in.
We strive to be a responsible organization and to create value for all our stakeholders, including tenants, communities, investors, and employees.
We see enormous opportunities to grow in both the short and long-term, requiring us to hire more people to manage our growing property portfolio and to prepare existing employees to take on higher levels of responsibility.
Long-term, we seek to become a nationally renowned commercial real estate company with a diverse group of assets that serves the needs of a wide range of investors.
We have built a high-performance culture that empowers individuals to pursue objectives and tackle obstacles directly — with little bureaucracy to intervene. While we’re a diverse mix, we’re all aligned by the same goals and objectives, which makes collaboration seamless and allows everyone to see how they contribute to winning. Our Glassdoor rating is a testament to the culture that our current team members have helped us build.
Three tenets drive our culture:
- We want everyone to be an entrepreneur and make decisions as if they’re the owner of the company.
- We want only “A Players” in our organization.
- We want our team members to be incredibly motivated to do whatever it takes to win and to be incredibly enthusiastic about our company and their role within it.
Working at First National is unlike anything you’ve experienced before. We’re not your stuffy shirt-and-tie office space. We’re the goal-oriented, get-it-done, work-hard, play-hard type of team that loves to create, explore, challenge the status quo and win.