(MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH TRIPLE NET, RETAIL SHOPPING CENTER TENANTS)
Oversee accounting duties for commercial properties located across the country
- Prepare accrual-based financial statements for assigned portfolio
- Analyze the general ledger for each property, prepare journal entries, calculate accruals and adjustments and maintain detailed work paper files on a monthly basis
- Review results of operations and provide detailed explanations of variances
- Review invoices to ensure correct account coding and expense allocations
- Prepare reconciliations of all cash accounts, reserves and escrows
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Calculate real estate tax and operating expense escalations, year-end reconciliations
- Interact with asset managers, leasing agents, and property managers
- Owning the accounts receivable process
- Prepare annual budget and reforecast
- Financial reporting: run monthly and quarterly property reports for review by the Controller.
- Respond to requests for internal management reports.
- Assist with the year-end audit process, by preparing supporting documents.
- Responsible for preparing all journal entries and the monthly G/L close for assigned portfolio.
- Must be able to manage daily property accounting activities: Lease administration – maintaining tenant ledgers, the onboarding and move out process; Enter and process accounts payable and accounts receivable; handle invoices, payments, vendor contracts; Daily bank balances and reconcile all accounts monthly
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, plus 3-5 years of related experience; with at least 3 years in a commercial real estate company.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment – extended hours when necessary.
- Exceptional math aptitude.
- Works with a sense of urgency!
- Proficient with MS Excel.
- Strong communication skills; to communicate at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Understanding of property accounting is a requirement!
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking working knowledge.
- Assist with development, implementation, and documentation of internal controls.
- Ability to Prioritize/Multitask.
- Self-directed and proactive, able to work independently with broad guidelines.
- Familiarity with Yardi, MRI or similar property management accounting system necessary.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
First National Realty Partners is a dynamic private equity firm that is helping reshape the commercial real estate landscape. Every day we bring institutional-quality commercial real estate opportunities to the mass affluent investor while creating value for all stakeholders involved; tenants, investors, employees, and the communities we own in.
Working at First National is unlike anything you’ve experienced before. We’re not your stuffy shirt-and-tie office space. We’re the goal-oriented, get-it-done, work-hard, play-hard type of team that loves to create, explore, challenge the status quo and win.