Director of Underwriting
If you’re a top-performing Director of Underwriting who’s ready to meet the challenges of a fast-growing private equity firm, then let’s sit down for a confidential conversation.
As Director of Underwriting, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial analysis and in-depth underwriting of prospective Value Add, Core and Core plus investments in Grocery Anchored and Retail Real Estate Projects for a rapidly growing Real Estate Private Equity firm with over $500 Million of Assets Under Management.
- Oversee underwriting process for Core, Core Add and Value Add Grocery Anchored and Retail Real Estate Properties
- Prepare and Review detailed Property Level Cash Flow Analysis as well as historical NOI
- Coordinate with Property Management, Asset Management and Leasing teams to determine underwriting assumptions
- Evaluate and Underwrite Redevelopment Opportunities, Outparcel Monetization and Other Value-Creating Opportunities for new Acquisitions
- Run Comparable Market Analysis, Void Analysis, Comparable Leasing Analysis Screening for potential acquisitions
- Prepare detailed return scenario analysis
- Create detailed models for each acquisition target
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BA Required
- MBA, CFA and/or other Advanced Degrees preferred but not required
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in real estate analysis and acquisitions diligence
- Experience underwriting and analyzing complex value add properties
- Experience Analyzing Retail and Grocery Anchored Properties
- Currently with a real estate private equity firm, REIT or owner/operator
- Prior Real Estate Investment Banking Experience preferred but not required
- Expertise in Excel Modeling and Argus
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Communication, Presentation and Analytic Abilities
- Willingness to travel
Includes both a typical office or home-based office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and occasional local and/or overnight travel, including exposure to heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions. Mode of transportation for travel typically will include automobile and plane.
Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
A WORD ABOUT FNRP
First National Realty Partners is a dynamic private equity firm that is helping reshape the commercial real estate landscape. We specialize in owning and managing grocery-anchored neighborhood retail shopping centers nationwide. We provide affluent individual investors with institutional-quality commercial real estate investment opportunities while creating value for all stakeholders involved; tenants, investors, employees, and the communities we own in.
We strive to be a responsible organization and to create value for all our stakeholders, including tenants, communities, investors, and employees.
We see enormous opportunities to grow in both the short and long-term, requiring us to hire more people to manage our growing property portfolio and to prepare existing employees to take on higher levels of responsibility.
Long-term, we seek to become a nationally renowned commercial real estate company with a diverse group of assets that serves the needs of a wide range of investors.
We have built a high-performance culture that empowers individuals to pursue objectives and tackle obstacles directly — with little bureaucracy to intervene. While we’re a diverse mix, we’re all aligned by the same goals and objectives, which makes collaboration seamless and allows everyone to see how they contribute to winning. Our Glassdoor rating is a testament to the culture that our current team members have helped us build.
Three tenets drive our culture:
- We want everyone to be an entrepreneur and make decisions as if they’re the owner of the company.
- We want only “A Players” in our organization.
- We want our team members to be incredibly motivated to do whatever it takes to win and to be incredibly enthusiastic about our company and their role within it.
Working at First National is unlike anything you’ve experienced before. We’re not your stuffy shirt-and-tie office space. We’re the goal-oriented, get-it-done, work-hard, play-hard type of team that loves to create, explore, challenge the status quo and win.