Associate Counsel (Leasing)
If you’re a top-performing attorney who’s ready to meet the challenges of a fast-growing private equity firm, then let’s sit down for a confidential conversation.
As Associate Counsel (Leasing), you will be charged with executing two strategies that are absolutely essential to achieving our ambitious growth goals:
- Diligently and efficiently drafting sophisticated retail leases in a fast-paced environment in collaboration with our leasing team and managing the negotiation with outside counsel, with a focus on finalizing and executing leases in the most efficient manner
- Providing legal support to the team for all lease/leasing-related matters including but not limited to brokerage agreements, lease modifications and amendments, and resolutions to tenant disputes.
First National Realty Partners specializes in owning and managing grocery-anchored neighborhood retail shopping centers nationwide. We provide affluent individual investors with institutional-quality commercial real estate investment opportunities.
We strive to be a responsible organization and to create value for all our stakeholders, including tenants, communities, investors, and employees.
We see enormous opportunities to grow in both the short and long-term. In 2021, we aim to acquire $300 Million in real estate assets, a goal that will require us to hire more people to manage our growing property portfolio and to prepare existing employees to take on higher levels of responsibility.
Long-term, we seek to become a nationally renowned commercial real estate company with a diverse group of assets that serves the needs of a wide range of investors.
A Word About FNRP:
We have built a high-performance culture that empowers individuals to pursue objectives and tackle obstacles directly — with little bureaucracy to intervene. While we’re a diverse mix, we’re all aligned by the same goals and objectives, which makes collaboration seamless and allows everyone to see how they contribute to winning. Our Glassdoor rating of 4.9 is a testament to the culture that our current team members have helped us build.
Three tenets drive our culture:
- We want everyone to be an entrepreneur and make decisions as if they’re the owner of the company.
- We want only “A Players” in our organization.
- We want our team members to be incredibly motivated to do whatever it takes to win and to be incredibly enthusiastic about our company and their role within it.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
While the primary responsibility of the Associate Counsel (Leasing) will be to draft/negotiate leases and provide legal support to leasing functions, other duties include:
- Prepare a standard lease form with favorable landlord provisions including TI provisions, use clauses, co-tenancy provisions, and passthrough clauses for the company overall.
- Tailor those standard leases to each asset in the portfolio to incorporate property-specific terms and provide jurisdictional compliance based on geography.
- Provide legal support to the organization and support FNRP’s General Counsel in special projects as needed.
- FNRP offers enormous opportunities for the right people. If the idea of working for a fast-growing organization, working in-house instead of with a law firm and contributing to our growth and success inspires you, then let’s talk.
First National Realty Partners is a dynamic private equity firm that is helping reshape the commercial real estate landscape. Every day we bring institutional-quality commercial real estate opportunities to the mass affluent investor while creating value for all stakeholders involved; tenants, investors, employees, and the communities we own in.
Working at First National is unlike anything you’ve experienced before. We’re not your stuffy shirt-and-tie office space. We’re the goal-oriented, get-it-done, work-hard, play-hard type of team that loves to create, explore, challenge the status quo and win.